09 November 2011

Some Food Experiments

I did a few food experiments recently. Well I followed recipes so nothing super experimental. Here are my results.

I finally got around to making my own almond milk. It was super easy and pretty tasty. It has a lot more taste than the store bought stuff - a marzipan taste. I quickly got used to the taste though and think I could get into the hang of making it on an at least semi-regular basis.
I also tried making some cashew yogurt using this recipe. I did add a little probiotic powder since I had it even though the recipe didn't call for it. It turned out a lovely consistency and you can see from the picture with my maple syrup mixed in I was so ready to love it but I didn't like it at all, couldn't even eat that bowl. Too much cashew taste, it also had a bit of a fizz on my tongue which I've gotten in bad batches of my soy yogurt before. I am trying to eat a little less soy so there may be some more experiments like this coming up.
And to keep things interesting, here are some pictures of Henry on a fall hike we did last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment